random about modern america and historic china
Modern America looks as below:
- 4 million cups/day on airline flights (not reused/recycled).
- 40 million papers cups/day for hot beverages.
- Has the largest percentage of population in prisons (2.3 million in 2005).
- >400.000 (1.100/day) Americans die of smoking annually.
- 384.000 American women (vast majority <21) opted for breast augmentation surgery (the most popular high-school graduation gift).
Historic China personifies:
- Fortune cookies (considered Chinese) invented in 1920 by a noodle-factory worker in SF.
- Kites (1000 BC, to frighten enemies), soccer (1000 BC), natural gas (used as heat source by 4th century BC), parachute (4th century AD), ice-cream (Marco Polo).
- Stamp collecting (#1 hobby).
- Red (happiness) and white (sadness).