Innovation apple and lessons from Sonia Gandhi
“If it doesn’t sell, it isn’t creative,” said David Ogilvy, the best ad-man there was. Innovation is commercialization of creativity, said Vijay Govindarajan. In practice, corporate innovation looks mostly as below.
This article spurred the below “what innovators can learn from Sonia Gandhi,” making innovation more impactful.
- Modest but perseverant (shuns publicity)
- Mindset/ears tuned towards customer/market demands (her econ-policies are extreme pro-poor)
- Surround yourself with smart/complementary-to-your-skills people (PM Singh takes care of administrative burdens of the office)
- Not interested in (corporate) politics
- Systematize (innovation) in order to capitalize (spearheaded successful systems/procedures)
- Earn trust from outside (customers/markets) and inside (leadership/employees)